Potato Soup (1/5/19)
16oz chicken broth
1 can evaporated milk
Salt and pepper
* Slice and cut potatoes into 1cm cubes and add to the Instant Pot.
* Add broth, carrots, salt, garlic, parsley, thyme, onion powder and pepper. Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing and select Manual, high pressure, for 3 minutes.
* It will take about 20 minutes total, including the time it takes to build pressure. Once the cook time is over, do a gradual quick release by slowly open the valve to release the pressure. You don't want to let it all release at once or it could sputter and foam.
* When the lid is off, turn the Instant Pot to saute.
* Whisk together the evaporated milk and corn starch and stir into the soup. Cook and stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.